Nodes: A More Predictable/Responsive Method for Detecting Active Link During Translate
The Old Method
The "old" method used the node dimensions to get a number of lines and checked if they intersect with the node link. Issue with this is that only a small part of the actual node surface is checked, making the method a bit unpredictable or unresponsive.
The New Method
The new method checks for intersections within the entire node surface. If multiple links are intersected, the one with the most intersections is chosen.
But better try it by yourself of course ;)
Would be good to get some feedback, there are many other possible methods for this, but I find this one was working the best from the ones I tried (also sounds like the way users would expect it to work I think).
In case this needs more design discussion, please ask me to open a design task so we can keep things organized.