This patch introduces control over which tools each snapping mode should affect. So one can freely pick which snapping mode gets used by move/rotate/scale. Other modes like shrink/flatten are not affected by this at all.
It should not change any existing behaviour, merely give the user some more freedom on setting up snapping.
This adresses common issues like:
- wanting incremental snapping for rotation, but not in move. As grid snapping & angular snapping are very different usecases.
- doesnt want vertex/face snapping interfere with rotation incremental snapping.
This is the second attempt on this topic - first see: https://developer.blender.org/D4013 .
Now it's more or less based on this: https://blender.community/c/rightclickselect/Vlcbbc/ which I think is much more userfriendly.
- the current icon set does not contain corresponding images to the toolbar icons. I picked some which remotely fit - but this should be improved
- the flag boolean rna properties are really lengthy. Reasoning here is that I wanted these to be separate toggles and not like the bitflag property only work with shift. Im sure I missed something, but I could not find anything which worked like this in the current code.
- not entirely sure if the early exits in the snapping calls are sufficient. My local testing here was fine - but someone more knowledgeable should have a look at it..
- the scaling in the rows to align to the snapping modes - maybe theres a better way to do this?
Thanks for your time.