UI: Preferences Redesign Part 2
Design task: T54115
Does the following changes visible to users:
- Use panels and sub-panels to group elements in a more structured and logical way
- Re-organized options more logically than before (see images below)
- Use flow layout (single column by default).
- New layout uses horizontal margin if there's enough space.
- General reordering and renaming of buttons/panels/etc & icon changes.
- Move keymap related options from "Input" into own section.
- Own, left-bottom aligned region for Save Preferences button.
- Decrease width of Preferences window to suit new layout.
- Move buttons from header into the main region (except editor switch).
- Hide Preferences header when opened in temporary window.
- Don't use slider but regular number widget for UI scale.
- Use full area width for header.
- Rearrange RNA properties to match changed UI structure.
- Introduces new "EXECUTE" region type, see reasoning in D3982.
- Changes to panel layout and AZone code for dynamic panel region.
- Bumps subversion and does versioning for new regions.
A detailed list of changed RNA paths should be (and rearranged UI
items?) done for the release notes.
Patch by @William Reynish (billreynish) and myself.