In Blender's 2.8 Outliner. Currently there is no active element mechanism (which is very confusing). It is very need in many situations.
Although there is an active element in Outliner it's mainly used for the 3D Viewport (many active elements at one time e.g one for Object and one for Collection), which would not be handy for many actions e.g. starts sequence selection form active elem (which goes from first / sec).
So in this patch, we implement a perfect solutions for this.
Idea inspired by MS VSCode/Explorer
Here, almost all the ideas were implemented by following VSCode Explorer with a few exceptions. For more information, see MS VSCode Explorer Realtime.
- Range selection should start form active element
- Open/Close elements should follow active element
- Arrow keys navigate the active element
- Extend/Shrink Selection with arrow keys should follow active element
- Expand / shrink selection is w.r.t active element
- One and only one active element exists at one time
- Currently there may be cases when there is no active element, we can later create some mechanism that makes previous element active every time active element is missing (e.g when item is deleted).
- It's should be sync with 3d Viewport (means also selects and activate objects)
- It's implemented to supports some other features (e.g. Sequence Selection)
- Shift + Mouse Click to Selects Range of Selection
- Outliner Active Elem Navigation Using Arrow Keys (Up, Down)