This is a small patch that makes the blend icon (to the left of file menu),
into an application level menu, freeing room in the file menu.
- The splash screen isn't especially useful as a top-level action for a prominent location.
- The file menu is getting full of actions unrelated to the current file.
(suggested by @Pablo Vazquez (pablovazquez)).
- Fewer items in file menu (which operate on the file).
- Most application actions are not things you use frequently, so having in a separate menu keeps them out of the way.
- Follows conventions from macos and some linux applications.
- Less discoverable (while arguable), existing users have learned to mostly ignore this icon since it only opens the splash.
- It's unconventional (also arguable) nevertheless, many applications use the file menu to include non-file related actions.