Poly build tool improvements
This patch implements some improvements to make the poly build tool more suitable for retopology tasks.
- Smarter edge/face/vert preselection
- Geometry preview
- Automatic quad creation
- Create/move/delete mesh elements from the same tool, using a similar and consistent interaction
Even if the tool makes the retopology experience much better, there are still some blocking issues that prevent us to have a decent retopology experience.
- You have to configure snapping and auto merge editing manually each time you want to use this tool.
- There isn't a viewport mode available that works with this tool. We need to implement a new mesh display mode specific to retopology. See T67997
- Preselection does not take element visibility into account. To achieve this, we will probably need to define a target retopology mesh when using the tool. This needs to match with the new mesh display mode to return only visible mesh element. This issue makes impossible to retopologize an entire model using this tool.
- Refactor the gizmo
- There is a conflict in the keymap (with enable snapping) if we use Ctrl + drag to create geometry