This is a slight overhaul to how brush settings are displayed and organized. This affects almost every mode that uses brushes; Sculpt, Texture/Weight/Vertex/2D Paint, UV Sculpt, Grease Pencil Draw/Sculpt/Weight. There are no changes to Particle Edit. Thanks to William for feedback, help, and even some contributions.
Sidebar (All modes)
- Brush panel was split up to "Brushes" and "Brush Settings" panel.
- All brush-related settings are now sub-panels of the Brush Settings panel.
- Custom Icon settings moved from the Display settings(now known as Cursor) to the Brushes panel.
- UnifiedPaintSettings panels are removed and the contained options are now next to their relevant setting with a globe icon toggle. This is not displayed in the header.
- 2-option enums are annoying as a drop-down menu, so they are now drawn with expand=True.
- Display(now Cursor) panel was reorganized, settings renamed.
- "Adjust Strenght for Spacing" option was in the Options panel in some modes, but in the Stroke panel in others. It is now always under Stroke.
- "2D Falloff" option was renamed to "Falloff Type", turned into an enum, and moved to Falloff panel.
- "Smooth Stroke" and "Stabilizer" options in grease pencil and other paint modes are now both called "Stabilize Stroke", for consistency and clarity.
- De-duplicated some drawing code between various painting modes' brush options. I tried to keep de-duplication reasonable and easy to follow.
- In the header, moved Blend mode next to color.
- Move Advanced options underneath Color options.
- "Radius Unit" option was affected by UnifiedPaintSettings size option, but this was hard to tell since these three things (radius, radius unit, unified size) were in three separate panels. Now they're all in one place.
- No longer expose Blend mode option for all tools except Draw. Afaik this option doesn't make sense for the other tools.
- Don't display blend mode in the header because it's rarely if ever used.
- The Options sub-panel(now known as Advanced) had some settings that were not actually brush options, but mode options. These were moved accordingly.
- Similar issue as in weight paint mode. Some brush settings were actually mode settings, and were moved accordingly to a new Options panel.
- Also for the sake of consistency, UV Sculpt now also uses large brush previews, although they do not have icons.
Grease Pencil Draw
- Fill Options panel was renamed to Advanced for consistency, and is now available from the sidebar, instead of only from the header popover.
- Expose eraser_mode option.
- Display settings moved to their own panel, to be consistent with other modes. (except Eraser because no sub-options)
Now we're just waiting for code review! ;)