This patch tries to clean up Brush UI panels. This affects almost every mode that uses brushes; Sculpt, Texture/Weight/Vertex/2D Paint, UV Sculpt, Grease Pencil Draw/Sculpt/Weight. There are no changes to Particle Edit.
Sidebar (All modes)
- Brush panel was split up to "Brushes" and "Brush Settings" panel.
- All brush-related settings are now sub-panels of the Brush Settings panel.
- Custom Icon settings moved from the Display settings(now known as Cursor) to the Brushes panel.
- UnifiedPaintSettings panels are removed and the contained options are now next to their relevant setting with a globe icon toggle. This is not displayed in the header.
- 2-option enums are annoying as a drop-down menu, so they are now drawn with expand=True. (These are Sculpt radius unit and Weight Paint Gradient Tool type)
- Cursor panel was reorganized, settings renamed.
- "Adjust Strenght for Spacing" option was in the Options panel in some modes, but in the Stroke panel in others. It is now always under Stroke.
- In Weight Paint, don't display blend mode in the header because it's rarely if ever used.
- In Texture/Vertex/2D Paint, Blend mode moved next to color.
- "Radius Unit" option was affected by UnifiedPaintSettings size option, but this was hard to tell since these three things (radius, radius unit, unified size) were in three separate panels. Now they're all in one place.
- De-duplicated some drawing code between 2D/3D brush options.
- No longer expose Blend mode option for all tools except Draw. Afaik this option doesn't make sense for the other tools.
- The Options sub-panel(now known as Advanced) had some settings that were not actually brush options, but mode options. These were moved accordingly.
- Similar issue as in weight paint mode. Some brush settings were now moved to a new Options panel, to be consistent with other modes.
- For the same consistency, UV Sculpt now also uses large brush previews, although they do not have icons.
Grease Pencil Draw
- Fill Options panel was merged with rest of the fill options, so that they are now available from the sidebar, instead of only from the header popover.
- Expose eraser_mode option.
All feedback is welcome!