Prototyping how we could render materials based render passes. For prototyping I selected the emission pass. Right now it just renders black so nothing to see.
The result of the prototype would be that we know how we are going to solve most of the material passes. and we can start an actual supported implementation.
This PoC adds:
- Diffuse Direct
- Diffuse Color
- Glossy Direct
- Glossy Color
- Diffuse Shader
- Emission Shader
- Add Shader
- Mix Shader
(Other shaders will influence the final result and render the pass incorrect)
- Make a design for approval. Based the chosen render layers on how EEVEE composites the passes internally (ability to actually compositing).
- Combine the glossy passes into a single pass.
- Add pass for refraction, world light, background light, probe light
- Add pass for screen space effects.
- Add pass for volumetrics
- Migrate current SSS color pass to material passes?
- Add data passes for ObjectID and MaterialID
Biggest unknown is to suport alpha.