This patch is a completed task for the compositor feedback from bf-compositor. There the node preview were discussed and some changes have been proposed:
- Hide all node previews except for the input nodes.
- Make it possible to change the colors of all node-classes.
The node preview part was just a few lines, but kept me thinking. Do we need to have a specific init method in the bNodeTreeType for these specifics (Perhaps lukas can review this)
The node-classes colors were already implemented but not available for all node classes as it re-used attributes that were used by the syntax highlighting of the text-space. The next thing we did:
- Spliced the in/out color to 2 separate options
- Spliced the Operator color to each component
- Added the missing node classes (also for material trees and texture trees)
- Made sure the newly created attributes are readable from SDNA
- Made sure the naming convention was used inside the RNA. This will change some python bindings, but these bindings (UserPreferences) are hidden (or I don't know how to trigger them)
- Created conversions of old themes when loading them.