This patch adds a keymap preference for transform tools G, R, S in the 3D viewport.
- Tapping the key activates the tool.
- Holding the key down and moving the cursor transforms, releasing the key finishes transforming.
- Pressing space while the key is held allows you to release the key without confirming (needed for entering numbers for e.g).
- Using space-bar in transform is just a way to allow releasing the key and entering in numbers, some other solution could work here too, I just picked this since it's easily accessible without looking at the keyboard.
- The default drag threshold for the keyboard is 30, which feels too high, try setting it from 5 to 10.
- This makes it inconvenient to G,G for mesh vertex slide or R,R for trackball rotation. Although R,Space,R & G,Space,G do work.
- While this is only working for G, R, S in the 3D viewport, there is nothing preventing all other space types from being supported.
- Currently this depends on key repeat detection which isn't supported on macOS.