This patch has been separated into
- D7600: NLA: Always Show All Strips
- D7601: NLA: Remain in tweak mode on new strip selection
- D7602: NLA: Fix Sync Length
Everything afterward is obselete.
I'm still learning how to upload patches correctly using arc, apologies that the first commit is unrelated.
Currently, it's difficult to use the NLA system for users who are only interested in using it as animation layers. (1) Entering tweak mode hides strips which are not evaluated. If the user wanted to edit a different strip, they must exit tweak mode, look for the strip, then re-enter tweak mode. (2) This should've been a separate diff but syncing strip length to the action length changes the overall NLA evaluation result. This is due to only the length being synced instead of the start and end times.
- All strips are always shown. The user can now see the next strip they want to start editting. While in tweak mode, if the user selects a new strip, we remain in tweak mode. The process is now simplified to: User wants to edit a different strip so all they have to do is select it.
- Both strip start and end sync to the action, accounting for strip speed scaling. Now when the user exits tweak mode, the overall NLA result is unchanged.
Old: Changing tweaked strip
New: Changing tweaked strip
Old: Sync Strip Length which changes the NLA result
New: Sync Strip Length which preserves the NLA result