This patch implements SVG exporting to Freestyle.
This has been a much requested feature to be added to Freestyle. Although the current version is rough, it is already quite usable.
- The system creates a new SVG layer for every Freestyle linestyle. The different layers are correctly sorted.
- The SVG paths use data from the linestyle, so the base color of a linestyle becomes the color of the path, idem for dashes and stroke thickness.
- possibility to split at invisible strokes, useful when exporting for instance dashed lines or linestyles with a blueprintshader
- Added callbacks before and after the freestyle rendering process
- exporting animations is currently not possible
- usage with python scripting mode requires a little work, but is possible right now
I'd like to thank Francesco Fantoni and Jarno Leppänen for their Freestyle SVG exporter. Their work got me up to speed quickly.
I decided to create properties_freestyle.py to register the handlers. Since integration with the core structure (UI, parameter editor) is needed it does not make sense to make it an addon. thanks for this tip!