Some options (specially locking) in 3D View need to be exposed more: happens sometimes when opening other's files (or own even) is hard to find out why the view doesn't pan/move, until you go and check the N panel.
This basically adds handy information to the view's name, such as:
- Only Render as (Render)
- Locked to Object as (Locked to <objectname>)
- Lock to Cursor as (Locked to Cursor)
- Lock to Camera View as (Locked) -only displayed when in camera view
Also does some little tweaks:
- If an object is used as Camera, then display it's name, rather than generic "Object as Camera"
- If our Camera is "Panoramic", display it (as it does for Perspective/Orthographic)
- When not using active scene's camera/layers, show the view name in brackets 
Screenshot (also attached):
I have no experience in coding, I just miss this while teaching/making tutorials and found out how to do it messing with the code. So please any hint or kicking is gladly appreciated.
when doing strprintf or BLI_snprintf the source and the destination should never overlap - which may happen because of:
name = tmpstr;
BLI_snprintf(tmpstr, sizeof(tmpstr), "%s (Render)", name);
The best thing to do here would be to do...
offset = 0;
offset += BLI_snprintf(tmpstr + offset, sizeof(tmpstr) - offset, "%s (Render)", name);