Page MenuHome

Scene custom parameters seems to be destroyed/flushed in macros under Linux
Closed, ResolvedPublic


--- Operating System, Graphics card ---
Linux (Works perfectly under windows)

--- Blender version with error, and version that worked ---
all versions from 2.65 to latest SVN

--- Short description of error ---
Runing attached script does work on Windows, but not on Linux (Mageia 3 with Python 3.3.0 and all updates)
Script is from Lukas Toenne and was made to answer that question :

--- Steps for others to reproduce the error (preferably based on attached .blend file) ---
run the script
In 3D View, space bar -> Translate Cursor
left click to place the sphere
Error : "Object not found"

Event Timeline

In the script you attached, the top part of the program is missing.
The original script in StackExchange works in my machine (Ubuntu 13.04).

This seems only copy/paste mistake...


it seems to be an upload mistake, but I tried the script from the link, it fails on my computer too. I reattached a copy of the version found in Stackexchange.

No error here with the newer script...

Did you test it with the factory settings?

Ah sorry, I got the error with the error though my own builds cause no error.

Oops, typo....

I got the error with official builds, though my own builds cause no error.

Anyway, an integer of custom property has fixed precision, so it can overflow if the object address to save is a very large number.

Well, that's a bug in the script then. You can't store pointers in integers, instead you could convert the pointer to a string, or store the name of the object. This script uses quite an ugly hack, if it works that's nice, but we can't officially support that kind of thing.

I updated the script on stackexchange to fix the issue. It's quite confusing but not a bug in Blender.

Brecht Van Lommel (brecht) changed the task status from Unknown Status to Resolved.Oct 4 2013, 6:24 PM