Windows 7 x64, Realtek HD Audio
Broken: Blender 2.69 r60995
Short description of error
When Blender is running with sound enabled (SDL or OpenAL) it keeps a permanent audio stream open. This acts as a request to Windows to not automatically enter sleep mode when the computer is unused.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Close all programs which emit sound.
- Start cmd as an administrator.
- Run powercfg -requests; all three categories should read "None".
- Start Blender and ensure that Sound is enabled
- Wait a few moments then run powercfg -requests again. The SYSTEM category will say that "an audio stream is currently in use".
- Disable sound in Blender, wait a few moments, then run powercfg -requests again. There will be no requests listed.