Computer 1: 13" Macbook Air
OS: OS X 10.8.5 CPU: Intel i7 1.7GHz RAM: 8GB Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5000 1GB
Computer 2: 15" Macbook Pro
OS: OS X 10.9 (Build 13A603) CPU: Intel i7 2.6 RAM: 16GB GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT 650M 1GB(discrete) and Intel HD Graphics 4000 1GB(integrated)
Broken: Blender 2.69 (64-bit)
Worked: Don't know (difficult to test as I have to use a friend's computer)
Short description of error
On OS X, animations in the blenderplayer run slowly - apparently about 5fps - even when the rest of the game has a (much) higher refresh rate. On Windows and Linux, keyed animations in blenderplayer are fine.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
The test file above contains 5 animated objects. From left to right:
- Object: Two cubes parented an animated using keyframed location and rotation.
- Armature IK: A mesh with bones using IK to animate.
- Armature Keyed: A mesh with bones using a keyed animation.
- Python: An object moved using a Python script on every logic tick.
- Physics: Cubes bouncing around using Bullet dynamics (rigid body).
- Open the file above in Blender on OS X.
- Press P to start the game.
- Result: All five animations should play with the same frame rate.
- Open the file in blenderplayer. You may need to run it from the console, e.g. ./blenderplayer.app/Contents/MacOS/blenderplayer osx_anim_test1.blend
- Result: The first three animations display poorly, at only 5fps or so. The two on the right (Python and Physics) display well, probably at 60fps.