Windows 7 x64
Broken: 2.68.0 r58537, 2.69.0 r60995, 2.69 0074eac
Short description of error
If a scene is created that does not contain a camera, but still has valid output (i.e., only a node network) and this scene is placed in a video sequence strip in another scene, attempting to render the video sequence fails with a "No camera" error, even though the video preview displays correctly.
- T4463 (unclear)
- http://www.blenderartist.org/forum/showthread.php?254572-VSE-render-says-no-camera (seems very close)
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Create the first scene, Main Scene. Ensure Sequencer is enabled in the scene properties.
- Create the second scene, Scene 1. Ensure Compositing is enabled in the scene properties.
- In Scene 1, go into the Nodes design surface. Ensure the Use Nodes check box is checked. Remove the default source, add another source (my use case is for Movie Clips, but I used an RGB source in the example as that also reproduces the issue), and wire the output to the Composite input.
- In Main Scene, go into the Video Sequence editor. Add a Scene strip for Scene 1. Note that the video preview correctly renders Scene 1 (you may have to move off the current frame -- there are issues refreshing the current frame sometimes).
- Attempt to render the video sequence by clicking the Animation button in the scene properties.
Recreated in attachment:
Expected result: video sequence is rendered.
Actual result: video sequence immediately fails to render with error "No camera".
Note that this error is different than if there are no strips at all in the video sequence. In that case the error is "Cannot render, no camera".