64bit Linux Mint 16, kernel version 3.11.0
GeForce GTX 650 Ti, driver version 419.32
Short description of error
When importing a Collada file, any materials that do not specify specular shading will have their specular set to the default. This appears to be incorrect, as a material should only have specular if it is specified. Because of this, collada files exported from blender that have no specular will have the default specular when re-imported. I have no idea if this behavior violates the collada standards, though I am assuming that it does violate the standard as it seems illogical.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Create a new object and create a new material for it
- Set the Specular Intensity to 0
- Export the scene to a Collada file.
- CTRL-N to start a new file.
- Import the Collada file you just exported
- The Specular Intensity will again be at 0.5