ObjectMode -> Tools and Origin-menu
These are the first raster sketches for "ObjectMode -> Tools".
In the Transform icons I wanted to use the RGB colors, to connect the operations logically to the 3D Manipulator and the XYZ axes.
I made at least twelve variants for Undo/Redo icons/arrow-icons, but I found these are the easiest to recognize and understand without thinking. (Similar to the "Floppy" image when saving something, however arrows are abstract enough to not disappear after time). The Origin-menu uses the small orange dot as an illustration and makes it easier to imagine and understand what will happen.
Proposals / Bugs / Questions:
- Change "Set Origin" button -> "Set Origin" drop-down menu
- Change button name "History..." -> "Repeat History"
- Change "Undo History" button -> "Undo History" drop-down menu
- Change "Repeat History" button -> "Repeat History" drop-down menu
- The heights of the buttons and the distance between them are varying
- Does the drop-down menus need icons?
Icons are used on the tools-sidebar:
Icon is used in pop-up menu pressing X or Del keys:
Icons are used in pop-up menu pressing Shift Ctrl Alt C keys:
Icons are placed on a dark gradient background:
Icons are placed on a light gradient background: