windows 7, nvidia
Broken: (example: eb4f2b4 )
Short description of error
Bone roll is going bananas when rotating a bone that has local Y aligned to global Z axis. I can add a blend file if necessary.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Create an empty scene.
- Add a single bone
- enable axes display (in Object Data properties)
- go to front view
- verify that bone roll is set to 0
- now "r" ...
The bone rotates instantly (jumps to) about 45 degree along its y axis, and bone roll jumps like crazy.
- bone roll remains at 0
- bone does NOT rotate along its y axis.
- bones Z axis flips such that it always points "as upwards as possible".
Go on as follows:
- rotate the bone by 90 degrees so that its local Y axis points to global X
- set bone roll manually to 0
- now rotate the bone slowly by a total of 180 degrees.
The bone no longer rotates along its local Y axis(expected). While the bone rotation goes from 0 to -180, its bone roll goes up to 90 and then lowers again back to 0. And the local Z axis flips when stepping over the 90 degree angle (expected).
- bone roll remains at 0 all the time.