Win7 64, i7-3770 octa @ 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 4000
Broken: 2.70 19e627c
Short description of error
When I add a driver to a property, I tried to use a Noise modifier to generate its value, but it doesn't work. Even when I combine a Generate Modifier to it, the Driver Value (as shown in Debug Info) is always 0.0 instead of the correctly modified F-Curve.
In other words: Drivers don't seem to get their values changed by Modifiers. It was probably never intended that they would, but from users perspective an added Driver would be the first place to look for generated Values used in an animation.
When I don't use a Driver, but insert a Keyframe to the property and use a Modifier on its F-Curve, it works. But I expect a Driver to be able to "generate" values as well!?
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Add a Driver to a Property.
- Change to the Graph Editor in Driver mode
- Select the Properties Driver (and remove all possible variables)
- Set the Drivers Type to Average Value (or anything else)
- Add a modifier (primarily a Noise Modifier)
- Click on Update Dependencies
-> The Driver Value will result in 0.0 even though the Modifiers curve will be shown in the Graph Editor, see