I've wrote a paper that proposes some changes to blender that tackles
- Inconsistency in the N shelf. Object/scene specific panels are in
one menu with 3D view setting panels.
- The position of the "Last operator" panel.
- Claustrophobic 3D view. The view is shorter horizontally, than vertically at some occasions.
- The user is forced to see to much info at once. The paper explains How to give the
user a possibility to clean up his view to the level of sculptris, where if the user is just sculpting, only relevant sculpting tools for his specific workflow are seen on a full screen 3D view. Much more customizavbility.
- Ability to reach the multires modifier without leaving the 3D view....
The proposal has a lot of text, and might not be clear at parts.
English is not my native language. Be patient and give it a chance.
If you have any questions, please ask, I'll explain.
Maybe the proposal has at least a few ideas that might benefit blender.