Operating system and graphics card
Broken: Blender 2.70a stable (and some buildbot i tried, though not tried latest one as the win32 builds are missing dll as reported already)
Worked: (optional) : Blender 2.70 stable
Short description of error
A simple image sequence animation rendering very badly crash in stable Blender 2.70a while worked perfectly on previous 2.70 stable.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Extract the 233 png files from this archive into a folder (don't right click -> save as on the link, it's leading to dropbox download page, not directly to the file)
- In Blender click on File then Load Factory Settings
- Make sure you're in Blender Render mode (should be with factory settings)
- On the top header select the Video Editing layout
- On the upper right window (the video sequence editor panel that in the layout is set by default to "Preview" ) split the window vertically, and set the new window to the right of it to be the Properties panel
- In the Properties panel at the Dimension tab change the default "Y:1080" into "Y:1883" and change the default "50%" into "30%"
Change the Framerate to 29.97
Scroll down and disable Antialiasing
Scroll down and change the output from the default "PNG" to "H.264" and enable "RGB"
- Now Back to the video sequence editor window (the window on the bottom, above the timeline) that is set by default to "Sequencer"
- Click on Add then on Image, and go select all the 233 png files in the browser and click on the Add Image Strip button to load them all into the sequencer.
- Now in the Properties panel click on the animation button to render as an animation file.
In stable Blender 2.70 stable you will obtain the desired .avi file without a problem.
In Blender 2.70a stable it will crash before rendering anything with the classic window message "blender encountered a problem etc..."
AppName: blender.exe AppVer: 220.127.116.11 ModName: blender.exe
ModVer: 18.104.22.168 Offset: 00e510a0