Linux Mint 16 Petra x64, NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
Short description of error
Shading of faces look as if they had inverted normals, while:
- you hide some faces or vertices in edit mode, but only
- if there is mirror modifier
- and and auto smooth normals on.
i'ts not a big problem. I'ts only in edit mode. It does not cause problems when rendering.
I can turn off auto smooth while modeling, but it is inconvenient.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- subdivide cube
- delete half
- subdivide everything (to have more faces to observe shading issue)
- add mirror modifier
- shade cube smooth
- turn on auto smooth normals
- hide something in edit mode