Page MenuHome

Blender 2.71RC1 for Windows uses too old blender.mo file in Japanese
Closed, ResolvedPublicBUG

Description

System Information
Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit

Blender Version
Broken: 2.71 RC1 for Win x64 (Hash: 169c95b)
Worked: at least 2.71 Testbuild2 for Win 64bit

Short description of error
Blender 2.71RC1 for Windows uses too old blender.mo file in Japanese.
The size of .mo file is obviously reduced than previous testbuild2 release..What's happend?
I didn't check other languages yet.

Thanks,

Event Timeline

Satoshi Yamasaki (yamyam) raised the priority of this task from to 90.
Satoshi Yamasaki (yamyam) updated the task description. (Show Details)
Satoshi Yamasaki (yamyam) edited a custom field.

@Bastien Montagne (mont29), i believe i've used latest update form 10th June of the translation repo for the tag. Mind checking on where the issue is coming from?

Hi devs, Thank you for hard works.
I downloaded and verified at 2.71RC1 win32 and blender.mo files of other languages (zh_CN, ru, fr). All of these size are reduced like Japanese one.
I also checked the ja.po file from /trunk/po/, It looks proper one...
Hope this helps.

@Sergey Sharybin (sergey): Latest version or not, it would only differ from a few KB anyway, size of those files evolves rather slowly since ages now.

@Satoshi Yamasaki (yamyam): can you be more specific? What do you mean by “size is reduced”? what size do you get e.g. for ja? what size would you expect? And more important, could you spot some missing translations that were there in testbuild2? File size variations in themselves are not bugs…

Oh, and as ja and some other languages were not updated after the latest update in svn repo, that means they could have some more 'fuzzy' messages, which are ignored in final mo 'compilation' - but again, we are talking of kilobytes here…

I’m 100% sure po files are OK, would not see why our mo-generating code would break just now, between testbuilds and RC!

Bastien Montagne (mont29) lowered the priority of this task from 90 to 30.Jun 14 2014, 1:16 AM

@Bastien Montagne (mont29)
I can't verify other languages rather than Japanese, so I can just compare these size if there is regression or not.
Do your translation has no problem?

For example, "Make Dupli-Face" is lost the translation in RC1. Of course, It was added at 2.70...

http://blender.jp/tmp/regressionUI.jpg

Bastien Montagne (mont29) raised the priority of this task from 30 to High.Jun 14 2014, 4:41 PM

Ok, downloaded rc1, and unformated fr mo file, and indeed it’s missing about 600 messages their… I have absolutely no idea what’s wrong there though, checked the locale v2.71-rc1 tag and it looks valid.

However, it looks like our build system (at least cmake) does not rebuilds mo's when po's under /locale are modified. But I would not expect that to affect builds, I hope they are always ran from a clean state!

Hmm, my bad, actually mo files are always rebuilt.

Now, I ran with v2.71-rc1 tag for locale, and for french I’m getting a 20282 instead of 20314 expected messages (while official RC1 only has 19726 messages).

Looks like your customized fmtmsg has some issues, @Sergey Sharybin (sergey)

Sergey Sharybin (sergey) changed the task status from Unknown Status to Resolved.Jun 16 2014, 10:05 AM

Closed by commit rB6d4f06299f5e.