Creation approved by Jonathan Williamson
Blender has a flexible panel system that allows for quick rearrangement of the UI.
Any flexible system has its problems, and Blender is no exception
- Design does not promote its features
- Header functions to minimize, not drag
- Dragging is controlled by a small widget
- Panels aren't distinctly separated from background
- Panels blend into each other as well as the background
- Despite underlying organization, seems disorganized
- Very uncluttered
- Sleek appearance
Hopefully combine the best of both worlds
- Draw the panels with a header and body background by default, rather than a divider
- Keep the current default as an option (just not the default option), for older users who like it the way it is
- Increase the drag area to the nearly all of the header (minus the collapse icon, of course)
Diff (widget-on-enter code from @Julian Eisel (Severin)):
Theme (to make the panels pop!):
- Maintain the uncluttered aspect of the original panels
- Improve drag functionality and clarity
- Design an aesthetically 'clean' interface
- Put Blender's Interface a step in the right direction!
Most of these have well-defined headers and body sections, so It seems apparent it is the way to go.
Some were pulled from my last patch comments, so I don't know if they're the artists dream situation, just examples...
(current attached diff/xml theme)
Thanks to @Julian Eisel (Severin) for the code help for the diff!