Windows 7 64-bit, nvidia gtx 570
Broken: official 2.71 (9337574) and latest 64-bit build (7c9b8aa)
Short description of error
Using a specific combination of modifiers and keyframes the vector pass displays errors using Cycles, with the vector pass being displayed as a patchwork of faces instead of solid objects.
Using an array modifier, a curve modifier and then a subsurf modifier AND having kefyrames on the array's 'count' value causes this error to appear. Remove any one of the modifiers or the keyframes or remove the curve used by the curve modifier and the error does not appear.
The object has a 90 degree rotation animation just to get some vector data to appear.
Happens with both GPU and CPU render.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
Just render this file to see the effect:
Or just view this render:
To reproduce effect:
- Add array modifier.
- Animate the 'count' value to change over time.
- Add curve modifier.
- Add a curve and set it to be used by the curve modifier.
- Add a subsurf modifier.
- Animate the object to give it some movement, in my example it just rotates between 90 and 0 degrees.
- Choose a frame that has the object moving (e.g. middle of animation) and render.
- View vector pass in image editor.