Mac OS 10.10.1 - GTX580 - GTX560Ti
Broken: 2.72b 9e963ae
Short description of error
Baking an object's texture is effected by the 'Exclude' option for the first render layer in the Render Layers menu. If the object being baked is on a layer that's being excluded, the resulting baked texture will be black.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Unwrap default cube
- Add material to cube
- Create new image
- Add image to cube material and have it selected in the node editor
- Move the cube and light to layer 2
- In the Render Layers menu, set 'Exclude' to 'on' for layer 2
- Add another Render Layer, making sure that 2 is on for it.
- Disable Render Layer 1
- Select the cube
- Click 'Bake'
- The baking always takes the exclusion of Render Layer 1 into account when baking the texture.
I don't think the exclude options should have any effect on texture baking, let alone have an effect when the render layer has been disabled.
Here's a screencast of the bug: