Broken: (example: 2.69.7 4b206af, see splash screen)
not really applicable as it's not broken, but there's something is very strange see below
Short description of error
zooming in/out behaviour in dopesheet can increase CPU use a lot depending on how you zoom
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- i change the 3D view to the dope sheet
- i open whatever CPU usage monitoring program i have
- i zoom in continuously with -mousewheel- (important) (i don't stop moving your mousewheel to zoom)
- i observe the CPU usage increase progressively until +/- 54% during the mousewheel use
now other method :
- i stop zooming in with your mousewheel
- i hold CTRL , i hold your mousewheel button (or hold middle mouse button if you have one) and move the mouse to zoom that way, as before, i don't stop moving your mouse
- first noticable difference is that the zooming that way is not only much faster, but it's very much smoother
- 2nd noticable difference is that the CPU usage does not increase and stay very low actually.
After testing with past versions of Blender i noticed the last version in which the mousewheel zoom didn't had that odd CPU increase was 2.69, this apparently started with 2.70
(additionally i don't have a mouse manager program that could go crazy, it's all xp native mouse support)
As said it's not a bug to me as i usually use the hold CTRL hold MMB to zoom, just an oddity i observed and prefered to report in case it's not related to unsupported OS (as i'm on XP) but hide something else with windows.
I remember there was a CPU overuse problem on windows some time ago with OpenMP and the new mscv2013 compiller.