Operating system and graphics card
windows 7 x64 sp1
probably not a bug but perhaps a weird behaviour?
Short description of error
when extruding, in the same command, 1 or more edges and 1 or more isolated vertices, only edges are extruded.
(isolated = not directly attached to the previous selection)
Instead, extruding faces & isolated vertices works well.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
Based on a (as simple as possible) attached .blend file with minimum amount of steps
- open default file
- delete default cube (too simple mesh, but any mesh has the problem)
- add (eg) a UV sphere
- select UV sphere, enter edit mode
- select 2 connected vertices (or an edge)
- extend selection adding also 1 isolated vertex (isolated = not directly attached to the previous selection)
- press E and grab around the extrusion
> only the edge's vertex are extruded.
it seems that it only works as "edges only", and in fact in the toolbar/tools/add/extrude, there are just "edges only" and "vertices only" options... but none extrudes both the edge and the vertex.
with the same command extruding faces & isolated vertices works well, both are extruded, as it seems to do a "region" extrude. and in fact in the toolbar/tools/add/extrude, there are more choices and the default is "region", and both the faces and the vertex are extruded...
see attached .blend