Windows 7 ATI Radeo HD 4200
Short description of error
Blender animations of parent-children objects are based on the local coordinates of the parent object. In blender games, animations are based on something else... I have no idea what. When character motion is added to the parent object, the animation becomes completely out of sync when the character turns (see example blend file, especially while turning in top view)
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Create a simple animation of a cube (for my example, a squish-pull animation using scale).
- Make it cyclic so it repeats smoothly.
- Add a second object and make it the child of the first. I added a cylinder that was rotated to sit on the side of my cube.
- Play the animation in the timeline to see how it should look.
- In Blender Game, add an "always" sensor to the logic editor and set the actuator to "action." Select your animation, loop it (with loop end) and set the start and end frames.
- Add rotation to the parent object using logic bricks
- Start the BGE and watch the animation... it is very different. If rotated, it changes even more. BGE_Animation_Bug.blend