Windows 8.1 64 bit
Broken: 2.75rc2 (c85a58a)
Worked: 2.74 I think was fine
When I cut a meta strip that includes a speed effect strip that has keyframes right part of the result of cut has all strips cut to width of left part (effectively leaving it with no visible output).
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Open blender.
- Select "Video editing" layout.
- Add -> Movie -> select any movie (I tested with mp4, h264 codec, with audio)
- Select video strip
- Add -> Effect -> Speed
- In "Effect Strip" setting uncheck "Stretch to input strip length" and add keyframe to "Speed factor"
- Select all strips
- Make meta strip
- Set active frame somewhere over this new meta strip.
- Strip -> Cut (soft) at frame
To make it more interesting if after creating meta strip and then doing unmeta strip and meta strip again it seems to work as I would expect it (just cuts it nicely).