Operating system - Windows 8.1 (Lenovo Laptop)
Graphics Card - AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics
Broken: Blender 2.76 RC3
Short Description of Error
Upon opening a secondary window with a 3D Viewport, applying the Subsurf modifier and checking "Use OpenSubdiv" causes Blender to render the object in first window, but not in the second window. Object will render if the shade mode in second 3D View is set to "Rendered", but fails on all other modes. Object will render if the second viewport is in the same original window. Switching the original viewport to another editor will not result in a render for the second viewport.
Exact Steps for Others to Reproduce the Error
- Open Blender with factory settings.
- Open "User Preferences"
- Under "System", set "OpenSubdiv Compute" to any setting (does not seem to affect outcome.)
- Open a second window in Blender.
- Apply the SubSurf Modifier with Catmull-Clark set for any object, and check mark "Use OpenSubdiv".
- Result should be that the object should disappear in the second 3D Viewport.