System 1: Windows 10, NVIDIA GeForce 660
System 2: Surface Pro 3
Short description of error
If I add an image sequence as a texture through the Node Editor, set up correctly, the image sequence doesn't advance when rendering the animation. It also doesn't advance when going through frames in the 3D view (but I think that's a known issue). The only way to update the sequence is if a Node Editor is open with the offending Node open - it will update when advancing the frames in the timeline. The exact set up as a classic image texture works.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Enable 'Use Nodes' for an image texture, assigned to the material of an object.
- Add an 'Image' Input Node and an Output Node.
- In the Image Node options, open an image sequence (doesn't matter if you select all images at once, or select the first and choose 'Image Sequence' afterwards).
- Setup the 'Frames' and 'Offset' options so that the image sequence is recognised (no 'Can't load image' message)
- Test that the sequence advances normally in the Node Editor previews by hitting the left and right arrow keys.
- The texture displays only the last updated image of the sequence, throughout the animation.
(I can' t provide a .blend as I can't pack the sequence, but this has been tried with fresh files, different image sequences, different folders and on different systems, as shown above)