OSX EI Capitan 10.11.4 (15E65), AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB
Broken: 2.77a abf6f08
Short description of error
When using 'GPU Compute' (in Cycles Render), the 'Render' and 'Preview' worked correctly, but when I bake the combined texture, the progress bar always stay 0% and the whole compute gets totally frozen. (Then I can only force restart it)
I also have tried baking some other kinds of texture:
Diffuse: same problem
Shadow: same problem
AO: No problem, worked correctly.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
Just create a simple test scene in Blender (with Cycles Render):
- create a ground (plane), a light ( a plane with Emission material) and a cube in the scene. Make the cube locates on the ground.
- Give the cube a diffuse material, (whatever color you like)
- Open an 'Image Editor', and create a new image (1024x1024), whatever name you like.
- Open a Node Editor for the cube material, create a new 'Image Texture' node, and make it choose the image we just created.
- With the node selected (and also the cube selected in the scene), choose 'Combined' in the 'Bake' section of the 'Render' Tab, when click the 'Bake' button, the problem will happen.