OpenGL Refactor: Main Task
In this tasks we list all TODOs and sub-tasks for the 2.8 OpenGL refactor.
- T49043: replace OpenGL immediate mode in Blender 2.8
- T49042: remove GLU from Blender 2.8
- T49012: update OpenGL requirements for Blender 2.8
- Move to completely shader based drawing (wiki page)
- Replace deprecated OpenGL matrix stacks with custom transform functions (wiki page)
- Use OpenGL vertex attributes to simplify DerivedMesh drawing (wiki page)
remove OpenGL display lists
- remove DrawPixels (2D raster version)
Apple has a good short article about transitioning to GL core profile. Briefly covers the major changes needed.