New bug report requested from Sergey via T49059
Windows 10 64 Bit, 64GB of system RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Pascal, 12.2GB of video RAM, Driver 372.54 (WHQL)
Blender BuildBot: blender-2.77.0-git.50a44ed-windows64 (2016-08-26)
Blender fails on Cycles render of “Victor” benchmark file resulting in CUDA error and occasional Blender application crash. Some tiles are rendered successfully before failure, multiple tile sizes tested.
During render fail, Blender and system only utilizes 26% system RAM (16.7GB of 63.9GB) and only 72% of video RAM (8.8GB of 12.2GB). Blender does not appear hardware constrained during issue.
- Download “cycles_benchmark_20160228.zip” from: https://code.blender.org/2016/02/new-cycles-benchmark/
- Unzip and open “victor_cpu.blend”
- In Render Properties, change Device to “GPU Compute”
- In Render Properties, change Feature Set “Experimental” (Although issue experienced with “Supported” setting also)
- In Render Properties, change Tiles to 480x270
- Click the Render button
Blender–debug-cycles console log - Shows Cycles fail with CUDA errors, including "Launch failed in cuCtxSynchronize()"
GPU-Z Sensors log - Shows max video card RAM utilized during Cycles fail is 8886MB
Screen shots of before render, during render, after render – Task Manager shows 64GB total system RAM with 16.7GB utilized, GPU-Z shows 12,288MB total video memory with 8823MB utilized during render