Broken: 2.78 Release
Short description of error
When the length of a render source is modified, the display in the strip display doesn't show it. The info 'Original frame range' is correct though.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- From the default scene, create a 'link object data' copy (although i guess the type doesn't matter)
- Go back to scene 'Scene' and set the end frame to 100
- Go to scene 'Scene.001', open sequence editor and add scene 'Scene'. It will now show a strip of 100 frames length.
- Go back to scene 'Scene' and change the end frame to 50
- Go back to scene 'Scene.001'
The Sequence Editor will still show a green bar 100 frames long, although the info in the properties panel tells the correct info: Original frame range 1-50 (50).
More importantly, you can drag the right grabber of the strip to the right and it will still paint 100 frames green and the rest grey/transparent, although the 100 frames don't have any meaning no more - it was just the length it was created with. You can also unlink the strip from the original scene and relink it again, it will still paint 100 frames green/valid.
Maybe this is a bug, an oversight, maybe even intentional, I don't know.
I don't think a .blend file is necessary in this case, but I will upload one, if desired.