This is my first bug report, but I will try my best to include all relevant information.
I'm geting a Cuda error: illegal address in cuCTxSynchronize() when I try to render an animation. I would like to let my computer run overnight, but I can't seem to get more than about 10 frames done before I get this error. It happens on version 2.78 and 2.78a as well as the latest daily build I tried today 11.6.16. One thing to note, with the daily build, I didn't actually get the cuda error, blender just crashed.
version 2.77a runs just fine with no problems rendering the same animation.
My system info: OS X 10.10.5, and Windows 10. CPU i7 4770k 3.5ghz (3.9ghz turbo boost), Motherboard z87x ud5th, Graphics cards 2x gtx 780ti . I have the latest NVIDIA drivers NVIDIA Web Driver 346.02.03f08 (for MAC OS X 10.10.5) and 375.70 (Windows 10) . I'm using my cpu's internal graphics hd4600 iris for my OS so that my 780tis are dedicated to rendering.
Obviously I'm rendering on GPU to get the cuda error.
I've tried rendering a couple different animations to see if it was something specific to my scene, but I got the same results. I also have windows 10 on my machine, but I have not tried rendering on that yet. I will try that next and update.
I hope someone can fix this. The improved vram usage on 2.78 is amazing! I have a scene where I take advantage of that, but with this bug, It's very difficult to render. And going back to 2.77 uses too much Vram for my GPU :-( .
update: I spent some time trying it in windows 10 and I am having the same issues. Only in 2.78 and 2.78a though. 2.77a works just fine in windows 10 on my system.
update: I noticed what looks like a crash report in my /tmp/ folder. its a .txt file. Here are the contents:
Blender 2.78 (sub 0), Commit date: 2016-10-24 12:20, Hash e8299c8
Read library: '/Users/GeeztownProductionsHpro/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.78/scripts/addons/sceneterrain/lib.blend', '//../../../../../../../../../Users/GeeztownProductionsHpro/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.78/scripts/addons/sceneterrain/lib.blend', parent '<direct>' # Info
0 blender 0x0000000100bf076a BLI_system_backtrace + 58
1 blender 0x000000010015731a sig_handle_crash + 362
2 libsystem_platform.dylib 0x00007fff9160df1a _sigtramp + 26
3 ??? 0x000000000003a2bb 0x0 + 238267
4 blender 0x00000001010a901b _ZN3ccl14BlenderSession20builtin_image_pixelsERKSsPvPh + 283
5 blender 0x00000001010ea85c _ZN3ccl12ImageManager20file_load_byte_imageIhEEbPNS0_5ImageENS0_13ImageDataTypeERNS_13device_vectorIT_EE + 476
6 blender 0x00000001010e61c8 _ZN3ccl12ImageManager17device_load_imageEPNS_6DeviceEPNS_11DeviceSceneENS0_13ImageDataTypeEiPNS_8ProgressE + 2232
7 blender 0x000000010236d12b _ZN3ccl13TaskScheduler10thread_runEi + 75
8 blender 0x000000010236ef6c _ZN3ccl6thread3runEPv + 28
9 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff95bef05a _pthread_body + 131
10 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff95beefd7 _pthread_body + 0
11 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff95bec3ed thread_start + 13
Update: Here is a .blend file
Steps needed to reproduce: Open file. Make sure GPU is selected for rendering. You may need to change the location the rendered frames will be stored. Click "Animation" to start rendering. I have been getting the error within the first 10 frames or so rendered.