Windows 10 x64, GTX 1070
Broken: 2.78a (e8299c8), also tested daily build bd8cbf5
Short description of error
When using a point density texture node in a cycles material, blender crashes after changing the resolution value.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Render engine: Cycles (GPU or CPU rendering)
- any material (must be visible in the 3d viewport, i. e. not on a hidden layer), use nodes
- add a texture->point density node (node editor or properties panel). It must affect the material (e. g. color input of default diffuse).
- switch 3d viewport to rendered mode
- change the "Resolution" value of the node. Blender crashes.
Bug seems to appear only when changing the value immediately after switching to rendered viewport and changing the "Resolution" value with click-and-drag (not clicking or typing in directly)