Linux Mint 64b
Broken: from 2.76 official to 2.79 - latest build
Short description of error
Debug mode for controllers has a bug...
Module reloading in Python controller debug mode fails if the script file has been renamed between two BGE executions.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- download and open the attached .blend file
- rename the script from "test1" to any other name, for example "test2", both in the Text Editor and the Controller in the Logic Bricks
- start the game; it will instantaneously quit as requested by the script
- rename the script again to some other name
- restart the game; this time it won't quit and instead send the following error (up to the Blender version) to stderr:
Python module can't be reloaded - object 'Cube', controller 'Python': Traceback (most recent call last): File "/home/Programmes/blender-2.76b/2.76/python/lib/python3.4/imp.py", line 315, in reload return importlib.reload(module) File "/home/Programmes/blender-2.76b/2.76/python/lib/python3.4/importlib/__init__.py", line 149, in reload methods.exec(module) File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1134, in exec AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'name'
Thus it looks like some script caching problem.