This task will cover updates to Addons For Blender 2.79 I will use this task as a reference point for commits & needed changes to addons.
Whilst mostly limited to bug fixing & api changes, some context sensitive panel issues with the toolshelf addons & general code clean will apply.
New addons 2.79: Guidelines:
- will be limited to 8.
- given this release marks the end of the 2.7 series, I think it's appropriate to include a very select list of addons that have proven time & time again to be of value to Blender users.
- The selection process for new addons will be Addons Dev Peer Orientated & By Public notice on BA Python Released Scripts section, from which many of the addons we have in Blender have evolved & been maintained by many individuals, over many years.
- Some code from addons in our contrib is widely used in external addons, this will be taken into account.
- Some Addons in the tracker have been sitting there for years & are widely used by Blender users.
- This will also be taken into account, leaving limited places indeed.
Addons Updates/Fixes For 2.79
- Generally the aim will be to improve context sensitive panels in Addons, bug fixing & code clean up to provide a solid, stable addons release.
**Tasks: (may change when identified)
- https://developer.blender.org/D2239 is ready to land, I will commit on authors & original authors behalf soon.
- Rigify: The panel Rigify Dev tools needs context fixes so it's only viewed in the correct contexts.
- Archimesh: The Panel is active in edit mode yet returns not available in edit mode. bl_context = "object mode" in the panel class fixes this. (done rBAfcf1957db4051c20d7c3ba7635851e402b70bde1 )
- ^^ As quick examples. *Developers only, feel free to add to these tasks
Note: in Blender 2.79 addons that use panels must be integrated into existing tabs & not use their own tab unless none can be found to suit. Context sensitivity for panels is a must, panels are not allowed to show up empty & out of context.
Let's leave a stable & as bug free Blender 2.79 release addons as we can & look towards the future, it's only a millisecond away.