Operating system and graphics card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Worked: same error on offical release 2.78
Short description of error
When first linking a group to a scene and then right clicking in outliner on group and choosing "link group objects to scene", the resulting objects can not be deleted from the scene.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
Based on a (as simple as possible) attached .blend file with minimum amount of steps
- link a GROUP from another blend file into your current scene.
- right click in outliner on the group and choose "link group objects to scene"
- They resulting objects can NOT be deleted.
Cannot delete object 'Suzanne' from scene 'Scene', indirectly used objects need at least one user
There is a hack to be able to delete the objects, which is the following
- select all objects and "make proxy" ctrl+alt+p
- press F6 and press "default" on the UI
- Objects can now be deleted
RAR with 2 blend files attached. Open errorShownInThisFile.blend in order to see the error