Intel Core i7, 8 Gb RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7700 / Intel i5, 4 Gb RAM, Intel HD
Windows 7 x64
Broken: 2.78.4 67bef6b
Worked: 2.78a e8299c8
Short description of error
- Planar constraints (shift + drag mouse to perform move, rotate or scale on plane) don't work at all in Maya or any other key config, if you switch to blender keys and back they will work, but very slowly.
- Planar constraints work very slowly.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Start Blender and switch interaction mode from Blender to Maya or any other option.
- Hold Shift and try to drag the default Cube by one of the manipulator's axis.
- In 2.78a you will be able to drag on a plane just as expected.
- In 2.78.4 you won't be able to do it - object will slowly move in one axis.
- Switch keys to Blender (default) and try to move an object with holding Shift again.
- In 2.78.4 object will slowly move on plane, much slower than it should.
- Switch back to Maya keys, try to move an object with holding Shift again.
- In 2.78.4 planar constraint will start working for some reason, but object will slowly move on plane, much slower than it should.
I have noticed that Input key controls for 3D Manipulator looks a little bit different in 2.78a and the latest build, perhaps there is some conflict there?
By the way, the same exact thing happened with my own hotkey config - planar constraints doesn't work at all, if I change to Blender and back, they will start working very slowly.
EDIT: I have noticed that after applying the transformation, there is a new field in a Tool Shelf called use_planar_constraint set to 1, should we do something with that field?