macOS Sierra (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M
Broken: 2.78 (2017-03-07 Hash: 15fa806)
Worked: 2.78 (2017-02-06 Hash: f7eaaf3)
Short description of error
When using the Blend option for Scenes, using anything other than Replace behaves, essentially, like Replace. So when I add a Scene and try to use Alpha Over on top of a video, the render output only shows the Scene (text and a black screen, in my case).
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- In the VSE, add a video or image to Channel 0.
- Add a Scene with no background to Channel 1.
- In the Scene Properties, select "Alpha Over" as the Blend. Then scroll down to Preview and choose "Transparent" as the Alpha Mode.
- Render the frame as a PNG, or render the animation as a Ffmpeg file. I've gotten the same results either way.
- The Scene replaces the video or image placed in channel 0, showing only the scene and a dark background.
(Included, please find a zip file with appropriate files to recreate this issue; to recreate, switch to the VSE, change to the MainVideo scene, and hit Render or Animation)