Windows 10, 16MB ram, COG8580 Asus, Nvidia 970GTX Strix
2.66a - 2.78b
Short description of error
UV unwrap operation "Correct Aspect" stops functioning as intended in "Cycle Render" Mode.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
(Do these in Default "Blender Render" Mode or "Blender Game" Mode)
- Unwrap a simple box.
- Create a none 2 by 2 texture map file.
- The uv stretches in the uv editor accordingly with the newly created rectangular uvmap.
- Now reapply Unwrap with "Correct Aspect" turned on, uv is corrected and behave as expected.
- Do those same 1-4 steps in "Cycle render" mode.
- You will discover that uv unwrap does not react with "correct aspect" turn on or off.
- It's as if "correct aspect" stops functioning in "Cycle render" mode.
(During the probe into the bug, I also found an interesting behavior. In both "Render Game"
and "Blender render" Mode. If you create 2 separate uv editor window on screen, changing
one texture map display on screen automatically changes the other. However, in blender
cycle mode, you can have 2 different texture map showing on 2 different uv map editor
window. Makes me wonder if it's this behavior that causes "correct aspect" to stop working)