Linux 4.4.0-72-generic - x86_64
NVIDIA Driver Version 370.28
Short description of error
Microdisplacement in cycles works with only one value in a particle system despite of passing different values per particle
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- set expermiental in feature set
- subdivision initial cube
- add plane with a particle system setted to hair, then in the render tab set object and use the initial cube.
- create a material for the initial cube, set an emission node to the surface output, then add a multiply node to the displacement node, add a object info node and connect random to multiply and to the emission node, then set the unused input of the multiply node to 20.0 or 10.0
- set displacement to "both" in the settings tab
- render. All "spheres" particles now have the same size because the micro displacement is the same in all particles. It should show spheres with different size. The random values passed to the emission shader shows that the object info node random output is working.