Broken: 2.79 e0bc5b533cb
Short description of error
I know this may be a feature request, but I look it as restoring
functionality we had in 2.4x and yet we continue to lack of,
and I consider this should exist in the current state of Blender
before the major 2.8 update.
If it isn't too much of a problem, it would be nice to be able to
delete the lower level of subdivision of a mesh with a multires modifier.
I really looked for a workaround to this, but I didn't find any
useful way to translate positions from one mesh to another,
because indexes get changed in the process, screwing all the mesh.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
Here's an example of what I try to do:
- Sculpt an object with 5 (or else) subdivision levels.
- Duplicate the object and select level of subdivision 2
- Apply modifier (Here the indexes got changed for this new low resolution object)
- Add a new multires modifier to this new object
- Add 3 levels of subdivision (to match original count of 5 levels)
- Select the HD sculpt, and then the LD sculpt
- And now, try to transfer its shape with "Reshape" button.
Reshape works, but all sculpting got screwed just because of the indexes.
I could use python to do this if possible, but that data is all hard C,
and I'm unable to do anything at all.