Win 8, GTX1070
Broken: 2.79 3f614cd (probably others too)
Short description of error
Surface deform modifier says that convex polygons are concave in 0.01 unit scale scene. See image:
None of the angles are above 180 degrees which I thought was the definition of a concave face. Still, the modifier says that the target contains concave polygons. Note that this only happens in a 0.01 unit scale scene (custom scene scale is for Unreal Engine 4 compatibility).
I guess this means some mesh checking functions don't work in custom unit scale scenes which doesn't seem great.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Set unit scale to 0.01 metric.
- Create a plane. Rotate it and add a few subdivisions.
- Scale the top vertices out a bit.
- Create a cube. Add a surface deform modifier.
- Target the plane and bind. You get an error saying that the target contains concave polygons. (attached .blend file ends here)
- Set unit scale to 1 metric.
- Set the 3d cursor to the origin of the scene, set the pivot point to 3d cursor and scale down everything 100 times. Apply scale.
- Try binding the surface deform modifier again. Now it works.