Broken: (nightly build 2.79.1 948515c, 26th december)
Worked: (nightly build 2.79.1 from around 20th November)
Short description of error
Blender ignores custom template's keymapping and still uses the default one instead. Startup file and splash screen is being read from the template correctly.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Download the attached template file and install it via File->Application Templates->Install template from file. This extract template's file(startup,userpref,splash screen) to c:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\startup\bl_app_templates_user\bLandscapeTools\
- Switch to bLandscapeTools template either from splash screen or via File->Application Templates->bLandscapeTools. You should see custom bLandscapeTools splash screen and startup file with environment texture being loaded properly.
- The problem is when pressing F key, blender should run bpy.ops.view3d.navigate() (walk/fly mode, by default mapped to Shift+F), but it doesn't as it still uses the default key mapping(as well as other user preferences)
- I tried to copy bLandscapeTools's userpref.blend to c:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\config\bLandscapeTools\ , but that didn't help. It works only when I copy bLandscapeTools's userpref.blend to c:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\config\ , but that's obviously wrong way to fix it...
- Even worse, while bLandscapeTools template still active, go to User Preferences panel and hit Save User Settings, userpref.blend in c:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\config\bLandscapeTools\ gets overwritten with the default(factory) settings.